Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Lord hears us

SO! Last night I got set up on a blind date with a RM. I was a little skeptical at first, only a month back and I was his first date!, but I went and had a superb time. We doubled with an old friend I haven't seen in forever. After driving ALL OVER the valley trying to find some where to eat that didn't have a 2 hr wait, we finally decided Chili's! It was amazing as Chili's always is, and the company was so fun! Then we got a call saying a friends son had ran away, and could we help look for him. (We of course said yes!) We went looking around the Murray area (that is where he lives) and at Murray High my date asked my friends husband to pull over so we could pray. He offered a prayer that we might find the son. We started driving around some more and then all of us got the feeling that we needed to go wait at their house. Low and behold, the son was there! He had waited til his parent's left and snuck back in! The whole experience made me step back in awe. The Lord answered our prayer. It also humbled me a little, made me remember to put the Lord first in all that I do, and I will be greatly rewarded. This is just a little experience, but it is proof that the Lord lives. That he answers our prayers, and that he loves each of us. I am so grateful to have been able to experience that little "reminder". So, my lesson for you today (haha) is this, no matter what faith you decide to believe in, no matter how often you go to church, pray daily. The Lord will hear those prayers, and you will feel him with you every step of the way. Thanks for reading my rambling. I hope this touched you by reading it even a quarter as much as it did with me experiencing it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Those kind of experiences are always SO faith promoting, not only for those who have them, but for those who hear them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete